Host Your Special Event or Social Gathering at the Custom House Maritime Museum!
Our historic, 19th century Greek Revival style granite building overlooking the scenic Merrimack River provides a unique, picturesque backdrop to many of Greater Boston's most memorable special event experiences.
Choosing this historic venue is a meaningful way to introduce guests to a place of national significance as well as to contribute to its preservation.
The Custom House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a contributing element to the Market Square Historic District and the Newburyport Historic District.
Call 978-462-8681 for more details.
Our downtown Newburyport location is an ideal setting for:
- Business meetings
- Small weddings
- Concerts (great acoustics)
- Outside events on the lawn
- add an elegant Sperry Tent
- And more
Museum Accommodations and Capacity:
- Second Floor Main Gallery
- Up to 75 cocktail style
- Up to 50 theater style
- Lawn Area facing the River
- Up to 150+
- Easily fits a 32' x 70' tent
- Comfortably fits a 32' x 90' tent
- Second Floor Gallery
- $1500 for up to 4 hours
- Lawn area
- $3000 for up to 5 hours
- Each includes additional 1/2 hour for set up and 1/2 hour for clean up
- Additional Time
- $250 / hour
- $500 cleaning deposit (refundable)
- Security for evening events (tbd)
- Discussed in person